Aminatu Akande, MD
Gynecology, Obstetrics, Women's Health, daVinci Robotic Surgery
"Although some disease processes are similar, every patient is unique. I believe in providing compassionate care and tailoring my approach to best suit the needs of each patient."
Dr. Akande is an obstetrician and a gynecologist with Live Oak Women’s Care. She is passionate about preventive care for her patients and educating them about nutrition, healthy lifestyle options and treatment decisions. She is skilled in obstetric management and gynecologic procedures including minimal invasive surgery. She grew up in Nigeria and dreamed of becoming a chemical engineer. In high school, she worked in her school’s clinic and discovered her interest in women’s health care. She has co-authored several articles on women’s health.
She and her husband Tony enjoy traveling, cooking, interior design and playing board games.
Professional Positions and Honors
• Dr Akande was named the recipient of the 2017 Humaneness in Medicine Award , presented by the Lehigh County Medical Society.
• Dr. Akande received Senior resident teacher award in 2017
• She also received Center for women’s medicine recognition award in 2017
• Dr. Akande was named Medical Student teacher of the Year in 2016.
• She was the attending recruitment chair for The New Freedmen’s Clinic in Washington, D.C. and received a distinguished service award.
• She was in the Beta Kappa Chi Honor Society and the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.
Howard University College of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Chemistry
Magna Cum Laude
Lehigh Valley Health Network
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists - Member
American Medical Association - Member