The Weight is Over!
For severely obese patients, weight loss surgery may be an option when non-surgical treatments fail. With dietary changes and an active lifestyle, weight loss surgery helps patients lose pounds and maintain a healthy weight.
To schedule your personal consultation, please call 512.353.6400.
Your Partners for a New Start
CTMC’s weight loss program is designed to guide you through each phase of this transforming experience, from nutrition to counseling to fitness planning. The CTMC team who will guide you as you shed pounds, eliminate medications and overcome diseases include:
- Cardiac Specialist
- Pulmonology Specialist
- Weight Loss Surgeon
Built upon Central Texas Medical Center (CTMC’s) success as a leader in da Vinci procedures between San Antonio and Austin, patients of this exciting new service will prevent or reverse the serious diseases and conditions associated with obesity.
The da Vinci robotic-assisted surgical system provides the latest minimally-invasive technology available, which means you’ll benefit from smaller and fewer incisions, less stress and strain to your body and faster healing and recovery times.
Our dedicated team of specialists includes the region’s leading da Vinci surgeon, primary care physicians, registered dietitians, clinical counselors, wellness coaches and many more committed and compassionate individuals who are here to support you on your journey.
Bariatrics Center for Excellence
In June 2019, CTMC received The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Bariatric Surgery reflecting our commitment to providing safe and effective care for all our patients.
CTMC underwent a rigorous on-site review this month. The Joint Commission evaluated compliance with national disease-specific care standards, as well as with bariatric surgery-specific requirements. Clinical practice guidelines and performance measures were also assessed.
The Joint Commission’s Bariatric Surgery Certification evaluates clinical programs across the continuum of care and addresses three core areas:
- Compliance with consensus-based national standards;
- Effective use of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines to manage and optimize care; and
- An organized approach to performance measurement and improvement activities.
Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
- Following surgery, a typical patient in our program will lose 50 to 80 percent of their excess body weight within 12 to 18 months
- Weight loss surgery improves and, in many cases, eliminates other diseases that accompany severe obesity, such as types I and II diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, sleep apnea and heart disease. Depression and self-esteem issues can also be improved
- Activities once too painful or exhausting can once again be part of your daily lifestyle. Weight loss surgery can significantly improve energy levels for daily activity fostering self-confidence and a healthier outlook on life
A Lifetime of Support
Weight loss surgery is the beginning of a lifelong commitment to helping you maintain a healthy active and rewarding lifestyle. Before and after your surgery is complete, you’ll benefit from a wealth of educational resources, like our CREATION Health workshops, Healthy Cooking classes, healthy activities hosted on campus, support groups and more. All are geared toward helping you build and maintain healthy habits into your daily routine for overall improved wellness.
Dr. Bryan Hambric
Dr. Bryan Hambric is a Board-Certified General Surgeon at the Live Oak Health Partners clinic specializing in a variety of weight loss surgical procedures. Read more about Dr. Bryan Hambric >